I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Little Vampires...

This is my sixth year attending the Emerald City Comic Con.  My first year was a Mother's Day present from my daughter and her husband--the best Mother's Day present I ever got!  Anyway, I was first introduced to Little Vampires by Lunasea Studios.  Rebecca Hicks is the artistic talent behind Little Vampires, and is a wonderful person.  Sometimes I feel like a stalker (her booth is the first one I go to every year), but all you have to do is look at her Little Vampires and you'll see their charm (and fall under their spell).

I went on Friday (as previously mentioned) and I went again today.  I decided to make her a little present to thank her for the joy her critters have brought me.  Here's what I made:


It's a little over an inch tall and I made it so it could be worn as a pendant or used as a bookmark.  I wrapped it up in some tissue paper and put it in an origami box I folded (really, the box takes all of two minutes, but it does look nice!):


Then I tied it up with a black ribbon and off to the Con I went.  She liked it!  Yay!  Silly me, all I ever do is see all the flaws in my creations...it's hard to look past them and see it as other people would.  Anyway, I had a LOT of fun making the little guy and I can't wait for the next book in the Little Vampire series (hopefully I'll get it by the end of the month).



Thanks, Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment