Silk screening on polymer has been around a while. I finally broke down and bought a small kit and some paint. There is some really lovely acrylic paints out there, so I bought a nice set of metallic paints. I hurried home and applied it to a stencil I had, since I hadn't picked up the silk screen kit yet. I waited for the paint to dry. And waited. *sigh* And waited. Apparently, some acrylic paints do not work with polymer and remain tacky and not very usable for my purposes. So I bought the kit and used the paint in it. Huge difference. And it turned out quite well:
I used two screens on the kimono...one screen with gold paint and one with silver and just silver on the obi. And oh, I like the way it turned out!
Of course, I couldn't make just one:
And I tried those metallic paints again; this time with a silk screen (I was hoping it would work this time). Still a little tacky, but it baked okay and didn't smear too badly. I'm not sure if I'll try it again. I figure I'll find some use for the paints. They really are beautiful colors.
I bought some of those cheap little sets of acrylic paints...you know, those ones in the little tiny tubs. They worked like a charm, so I'll have to use them next....