I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Monday, August 15, 2011

Dragonfly Pond

I think this has been my hardest challenge yet.  How hard could it be, really?  Dragonflies are beautiful creatures and they are everywhere in jewelry these days.  I don't want to copy other people, though.  So, I thought a LOT about it and came up with this:







I was going for a swampy, pond-y, dragonfly wallow type of thing.  You know, kind of dark water, with muddy banks and cattails and green, reedy stuff; with a few flowers thrown in for color; and blue sky with wispy clouds to top it all off.  I'm not sure I achieved it.  I'm not sure I like it.  It's better than the forest floor challenge, but...I don't know....










 
I did really enjoy going through the beads and swapping them around on the bead board.  It took several hours, but it was a strangely soothing experience.










2 comments:

  1. I like it.......you achieved the pondy look, I love the colors & the beads you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this look. Esp how you put the dragonfly resting on the stone at the pond's edge

    ReplyDelete