I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Love....

It occurs to me, as I look over my blog, that most of what I've posted is side stuff.  I mean, most of my output over the years has been canes, canes, and MORE canes.  Quilt canes to be specific:
 
It's been kind of nice focusing on different things--first at Clay Camp, and then during these last few challenge weeks.  I've been growing just a wee bit tired of working with clay; I'd been in a rut.  So changing things up has given me an opportunity to indulge my creativity and have a lot of fun, too!
That's not to say I've left canes behind.  Even though I've had the worst time trying to figure out what to do with completed canes, I still love making them.  Lately, I've been making beads, buttons, and rings.  It seems like there should be something else to do with them, though.  

Heh.  Some of these quilt canes have been around over ten years.  I can't seem to stop!

 

When I get a chance, I'll post some of the stuff I've been making with these.  

Huh.  I just realized--I don't have any of my snowflake canes represented here.  Probably because they are used up as soon as I make them.  I'll post them (and my snowflakes) a little later.







No comments:

Post a Comment