I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Friday, April 13, 2012

Tulip Festival - part one, daffodils

It's Spring.  Time for the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival.  The flowers are slow to come out this year--it was a long, wet, gloomy winter and the tulips won't be out for another week or so.  Luckily, they also have daffodils and they've been out since the beginning of April.  I made a daffodil bead today:


The last flowers to show up are the irises.  That's why the festival can go all month long--about the time some of the flowers are done, new ones crop up for their time in the limelight.  I plan on making a tulip bead tomorrow, and an iris bead the day after that.

I like the way this one turned out, so I'm hopeful for the next two....

No comments:

Post a Comment