I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Friday, July 15, 2011

Natasha Beads



I've been playing with polymer clay for, oh about 15 years or so.  Fairly early on, I learned about Natasha beads.



These are also known as Magic Beads, Rorschach Beads, Kaleidoscope Beads, Inside Out Beads, and probably a host of other names I have yet to hear of.  But I've always known them as Natasha Beads.  


I am extremely blessed to be a member of the Northwest Polymer Clay Guild (home of Ravensdale--lucky, lucky me!).  Many moons ago, Natasha Flechsig was also a member of NWPCG and she came up with this wonderful way to make beads of beauty using scrap clay.  


I've made a billion of these things over the years (slight exaggeration), but very rarely actually did anything with them.  Lately, I've become more inspired by them and I've fallen in love with several that I've made.  What do you think?  Time to string them, I'm thinking....




No comments:

Post a Comment