I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Smashed Ikat Bracelet

I love Clay Camp!  Normally I'm working on quilt canes for my Christmas Ornaments, but Clay Camp gives me an opportunity to work on stuff I don't usually get to.  I got to demo Donna Kato's "smashed ikat" cane (I know, I know--it's "crushed ikat."  I've always known it as "smashed ikat"...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!).  Anyway, I wound up with a bunch of ikat canes and was trying to think of things to do with them.  I had some canes that looked pretty much alike, but were different colors.  One of my favorite things to do is manipulate cane slices...so I did!  And I came up with the beads in this bracelet.  I drilled two holes in each one and added some beautiful beads and voila--a nice ikat bracelet!



I like it quite a lot....

No comments:

Post a Comment