I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Monday, August 13, 2012

Handkerchief angel...

Ideas come to me when I least expect it.  Several years ago I was sitting in church, taking notes and doodling.  I remember thinking of handkerchief angels that I saw in a magazine and "poof" the idea popped into my head of adapting that to polymer clay.  I couldn't wait to get home to try it.  And, oh joy, it turned out just as good as I hoped.  I made them with canes (all kinds of canes), but a while back I decided to try it with straight, white clay that was cut with a scalloped cookie cutter.  I pierced the edges to make it look more lacy and fabric-like.  They're a bit more labor intensive, but I like how they turn out:


No comments:

Post a Comment