I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Monday, August 13, 2012

Variations...

I have a certain way of doing things.   My flat snowflakes, for example.  To my way of thinking, snowflakes should be white.  So I usually use white and translucent for my canes.  Last year, though, I had a bunch of quilt canes lying around just begging to be used.  And, as I was pressed for time, use them I did.  Today's ornament uses a cane with white, orange, and purple:


Compare with the one I did a few days ago:


Another thing I'm usually particular about is a border on the cane.  It just makes it look more finished and polished.  Here's one I made last year that shows what I mean:


That said, I do like the ones I've made this month.   What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment