I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Sunday, April 27, 2014

So what do you do with all those cane ends? Part three


At the end of part two, there were leftovers from the leftovers.  We can use those, too!

Take the uneven piece that was cut off the smashed cane end and roll it up as below:



Roll this piece into a snake and cut in half...



Push the snakes together and cut in half again...



Push those two halves together, and you have a square cane...


Reduce a bit and cut into four pieces...


Put the pieces together for the final cane.  It's on the small side...maybe 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch square, depending on how big your pieces are.


You can make some nice small beads with it, though.



So here's the initial canes I made...all with the rainbow cane for the snail's trail pattern:


I'm guessing the same principles hold for other quilt patterns, but since I'm still obsessing over the snail's trail pattern, I can't say for sure...stay tuned, I'll probably get to more patterns before too long....

No comments:

Post a Comment