I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Still obsessed...

I made a few more bracelets this weekend:

I made this first one just plain and flat; the band has a couple of colors layered into it.  It's a little rough, since the cane is an old one.  I should have smoothed it out a bit more, but I still like the way it turned out:


The second one is another take on the colorful bracelet I made a bit ago.  I made it narrower, but still used the striped lining:


This third one uses what was left of the cane I used on the Emerald Boa.  I love using my canes to make things, but it makes me sad when it's all gone:


Finally, I made this cane a LONG time ago.  It's from a quilt book (or it could be from a quilt magazine...it's so long ago, I don't really remember).  It took quite a while to make and I didn't want to reduce it to far; I would lose too much detail.  But the size works for one of the bracelet blanks that I had, so I put it together:



I'd like  to say I'm done, but I still have ideas in my head, clamoring to get out.  Maybe I'll take a break from bracelets for a day or two and make something else this week...or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment