I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Double Mobeius

So where did the beautiful bauble known as a mobeius bead come from?  Well, this very gifted fellow named Mike Buesseler created it and generously shared it with our guild (among others) way back in the 1990's.  I must admit I became obsessed.  To take a cane slice and manipulate it into an intricate looking bead fascinated me.  I've taken inspiration from quite a few polymer clay artists over the years, but I've gained the most from Mike.  I guess I consider him my muse and mentor.  I consider the mobeius bead the foundation of quite a few of my creations.  Here's a little adaptation I came up with fairly early on...a double slice mobeius bead:

No comments:

Post a Comment