I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Texture!

I'm experiment with texture a bit.  I didn't think it would work because making mobeius beads requires a bit of pressure in the bending and sticking the points together.  It can rub or press the texture right off.  I'm thinking the right clay or the right consistency can minimize that problem and turn out a rather interesting bead.  Kind of like this one:


One side has a bumpy texture and the other has a texture with impressions.  I like the uneven texture on both sides--I was going for a less perfect, more mottled look.  I think I may try to for an even, perfected look in a day or two (it will probably take that long for me to find the rest of my texture sheets...hee!).


No comments:

Post a Comment