I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mokume Mobeius

I've mostly made mobeius beads from cane slices, but you can also get some nice ones using a small square cookie cutter (I must admit it's a lot easier to get a uniform bead when all you need to do is run a sheet through the pasta machine and then cut out a little square).  You can get some nice beads with a random, yet coordinating pattern.  Like this one (I backed it with a solid color which gives a nice effect):




*sigh* cat hair....

2 comments:

  1. Cat hair just makes it more organic, heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. I feel like making it into a feature. Kind of like "Where's Waldo?" only making it "Where's the cat hair?" I can do it on purpose (if I need to--I seem to be doing just fine on accident) and offer prizes. Hee!

    ReplyDelete