I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Sunday, May 13, 2012

I made some more...

I made some more of those funky flowers that I burned awhile back:


I came up with a couple of new styles, too.  The nice thing about these flowers is I can use leftover scraps of whatever I have lying around.

It's weird, though.  I'm not a very precise person.  I very rarely measure anything and tend to eyeball it.  But for some reason, I find I need to get these close to perfect.  I roll out a sheet through the pasta machine and then I use various size cutters, depending on the flower.  I roll each piece into a ball and then shape it from there.  I don't think these would look as good if there were variations of size within the individual flowers.  It's hard enough getting the shape right!

Anyway, I am totally loving these flowers.  I have a vague notion of what I want done with them, but I haven't figured out quite how to put them together.  I'm working on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment