I STARTED Early--Took my Dog--And visited the Sea--
The Mermaids in the Basement Came out to look at me
--Emily Dickinson

Monday, May 7, 2012

Louisiana...

I don't usually use Sculpy III for canes.  I know other people love it, but I just can't make it work consistently in my canes.  But I really like some of their pastel colors and I couldn't resist making a cane with them.  So here's the Louisiana quilt pattern in Sculpey III:


Speaking of states, I tend to get carried away sometimes with something that catches my fancy.  A couple of years ago I ran across a Quilter's Newsletter & Magazine issue that had the final article on their 50 states quilt blocks.  They had started with issue 106 in 1978 and every few months they'd have another state.  They finished up eighteen years later in 1996 (issue 283).  Well, I became like one possessed--I had to find every issue!  I just have two issues left to find (California - issue 109 & Texas - issue 128).  I've organized the issues I have by state alphabetically and plan to make a quilt cane for every state.

I've actually started work on the quilt block for Alabama.  I got sidetracked with another project when I didn't have enough white clay to finish the block and haven't quite made my way back to completing the block (uh oh--I can't remember which type of clay I used; Fimo, Fimo Soft, or Premo).  Maybe I'll work on it at Clay Camp (coming up in less than two weeks!!!)....

No comments:

Post a Comment